Thursday 8 December 2011

Time Is Speeding Up



One of the reasons I treat Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero hypothesis respectfully is I recognise his assertion that that time is speeding up. At this rate I will be sixty in a flash and eighty even faster. It's a tricky subject to pin down as the neurology for the subject i.e. more new things happen when we're we're younger then when we're older doesn't match with the traditional perception that time speeds up anyway as we become older (despite less new things happening). I've been investigating this a bit and asking as many young and old people as I can how they feel. Most regurgitate a bit of the neurology or traditional consensus but I can't help sensing a little nervousness over the subject. A sense that something is happening. People never say 'no'. They say 'no' and then explain why time 'appears' to be speeding up. My question is leading, and their answer is invariably unscientific because there is no science of what time is.

Last Saturday I met with a friend and we talked about a lot of subjects but one response stood out for the first time I've heard it. He said his sixteen year old girl could sense time was speeding up. That's a first.