Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bangkok Street Scenes 1971




There's some real vintage Thailand video-gems being uploaded to Youtube these days. Many are from seasoned German tourists visiting Thailand back in the day, with cine film cameras and now sharing their home edited films and so forth. 

This one has street scenes from Bangkok including the old Erawan Shrine before it was smashed up by a mentally ill person who was then chased and killed by a mob (mob mentality).

There are also Chinatown (Yaowarat) scenes, Ratchadamnoen Avenue (I think), the Art Deco Hua  Lamphong Station, Khlong Saen Sab (by the looks of the low bridge) and possibly Rama IV.

If I've made any mistakes or you spot anything else I'd love to hear from you. 

I've also been posting some vintage Pattaya and Jomtien Beach videos over at my Jomtien blog.