Friday 10 December 2021

Tyrone - Do What I Wanna Do





I'm not a popular song radio listener by and large, but I've found a local radio station (Voice FM - 103.9) in Southampton that seemingly by design plays an eclectic range from Country & Western to Minimal Tech beats, and everything in between including Classical. Prior to this I'd listen to the South Asian community radio stations to get something with a local feel and unusual music.

I also enjoyed the subject of football for the first time in my life, a couple of weeks back, as they did a seriously long and professional report on a local league with teams from districts I've lived in, or driven through or even been to. So much more satisfying than that multimillionaire celebrity soccer nonsense.

One of the tracks that got my foot tapping even though it's reminiscent of the Aleister Crowley line 'Do What Thou Wiltst', which is not really what I aim for in life, though in practice quite often do, is Tyrone - Do What I Wanna Do [a remix of club classic ‘The Rhythm Of The Night’]. I only discovered a few days ago he's from Southampton and the video is filmed partially in Highcliffe Castle, which is a subject of synchronicity I know I have to return to one day.