Saturday 15 September 2012

Caesar's Messiah - The Roman Conspiracy To Invent Jesus By Joseph Atwill


Caesar's Messiah: The Roman Conspiracy to Invent Jesus - Flavian Signature Edition

The thing that intrigued me most when I first learned about this is Joseph Atwill's claim that the Roman Flavian dynasty created Jesus as a typology in much the same way that a thousand years from now only a clever historian might be able to understand that Animal Farm is an allegory 'typology'. 

That's a crude explanation but watch the trailer and you may get a feel for this subject which is crucial for emancipation from the notion that we're here to worship anything other than life itself.

I should be more clear about Joseph Atwill's work.

When I first heard the Flavian's mentioned here I thought who the fuck are they? But the more I learn about them the more sense it makes. The usual way to make a buck from this kind of topic is to use familiar historical figures like Julius Caesar. This is why I groaned at having to learn a new Roman dynasty but I knew deep down there was something to this.