Saturday 12 January 2013

Christopher Hitchens & A.C. Grayling - Bombing Morality




I wish I could have had the opportunity to correct Hitchens on the neoconservative war on Iraq that 9/11 was not the handiwork of a man in a cave but a sophisticated attack by a criminal cabal group.

I would not have relented either because I'm in the right and he was in the wrong on the most important issue of his  life. Other than that he's easily the finest orator of the 20th and 21st century thus far. I don't care much for his writing but his speaking is devastatingly lucid. A.C. Grayling is marvellous too here and I learned so much more about the history and morality of bombing citizens. I will come back to this video again and again. It's top quality history and if you're paying attention Hitchens pays a nod of respect to historian David Irving. That's fuck yeah fuck you if you're a loser when it comes to reality checks.