Saturday 28 January 2012

How The US Army Ticks - The Murder Of Pat Tillman By His Fellow Rangers

Photobucket

The poor regard I have for sports fans ignoring real issues in society that I wrote about got me wondering again why the US military or specifically the Army Rangers shot football hero Pat Tillman. My memory from those days of blindly consuming mass media told me he was resented by his unit because he was a football star.  

Not so. 

Here's his brother quietly explaining he was murdered by fellow Army Rangers so as to take the American eye off the embarrassing story of Abu Ghraib. It's so miserable that Pat Tillman gave up his football career and was taken down as a gladiator to divert the attention of the masses. Bread and circuses the Romans called it. Panem et circences in Latin, and it's as old as the hills.