Friday 11 July 2008

Designs on Money


It's not often I post up quality design over here but I think the new British coin designs are really good. Perhaps up there with those Dutch Notes that looked so fantastic prior to the adoption of the Euro.

The new designs have been chosen via an open competition three years ago which attracted some 4,000 entries. I'm really pleased that the winning designer is a young Brit of 26 years-old called Matthew Dent, originally from Bangor who now lives and works in London as a graphic designer.It pleases me that world class designers are still emerging in the UK and so young too.

Here's a Dutch example for those who remember having some beautiful cash in their hands before the Euro. Isn't it just brilliant and beautiful?

Via Core77

2 comments:

  1. hmm I miss the oldschool Dutch money....I like the 250 guilders note with the lighthouse, or the 100 note with the bird.
    Btw the Dutch notes were the only in the world with the artists name on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Piet. thanks for dropping by. The Dutch designs were the best ever. Period.

    ReplyDelete