Sunday 17 July 2016

Paul Carrack: The Man with the Golden Voice - BBC Four (Full Documentary)




I'm always on the lookout for people who have great taste and lately I met someone who loves to sing, loves to dance and knocked up a tasty cocktail while cooking dinner for me. I think the first DVD we watched was this guy called David Foster who I'd never heard of, but is huge in the music business for picking out talent. I"ll post that one later if it's on Youtube but I just watched this recommendation from her now, and I was struck how nice Paul Carrack is and how great his songwriting and voice.

I guess it's a sign of middle age that I don't find much popular music that interesting (much of it is toxic in your face Illuminati slebs) although I still listen to lots of great fresh music on Soundcloud and Mixcloud.

I had to leave my speakers behind in Jomtien but I guess I'll find some new ones to keep the iMac pumping through late Hong Kong nights.