Friday 3 August 2012

Mainstream Media Fail To Suppress CIA Drug Dealing Story




Instead of reporting the news, the Washington Post and the corporate media suppressed it when Gary Webb scooped that the CIA were running drugs from South America to the U.S. and deliberately stoking a crack cocaine epidemic in black neighbourhoods to profit from the usual divide and rule strategies of the elite. 

The corporate media actually celebrated when they forced the tiny regional paper that Gary Webb worked for to apologise for telling the truth. Gary Webb never apologised and fortunately was one of the first journalists to use the internet to disseminate an important story to the world. The presstitute media continue to hoodwink the people of the United States to this day and as we learned recently the New York Time et al actually submit their stories to Government for approval. 

Gary Webb was eventually murdered for doing his job. The CIA continue to run drugs and silence people day in and day out for stories they need to bury.

"If we had met five years ago, you wouldn't have found a more staunch defender of the newspaper industry than me ... I was winning awards, getting raises, lecturing college classes, appearing on TV shows, and judging journalism contests. So how could I possibly agree with people like Noam Chomsky and Ben Bagdikian, who were claiming the system didn't work, that it was steered by powerful special interests and corporations, and existed to protect the power elite? And then I wrote some stories that made me realize how sadly misplaced my bliss had been. The reason I'd enjoyed such smooth sailing for so long hadn't been, as I'd assumed, because I was careful and diligent and good at my job ... The truth was that, in all those years, I hadn't written anything important enough to suppress...

—Gary Webb