Wednesday 2 March 2011

Screamadelica



Many moons ago in a different galaxy I was driving in my brown Austin Allegro (given to me by my mates dad called Austin Brown) with my East German girlfriend in Southampton just before we moved to Germany. 

We weren't talking much, just listening to Primal Scream's Screamadelica when I drew up to some red traffic lights heading north towards Swaythling very late at night or even in the wee hours. It was very quiet. We were the only car at the crossroads. 

At the lights my girlfriend turned to me and said "the music is so weird, it's like a soundtrack to what is going on outside".

Just at that moment the police siren part of the album was playing and a police car drove by with blue lights flashing and either the sirens screaming inside and outside the car were synchronised or there was no siren but just flashing lights on the police car as it sped across our intended path. 

It was an important moment in my life of synchronicity because usually I'm completely alone and nobody understands quite why it seems important. Ulrike my girlfriend was slack jawed from the experience.



The video above is interesting if only because it raises a particularly tough question for me given that 911 is clearly not entirely to do with a man in a cave conspiring to bring the U.S. down (otherwise it's a conspiracy theory that is working out extraordinarily well given the plummeting fortunes of the U.S.)


It's difficult enough dealing with people who haven't done sufficient homework and still believe the official fairy tale about 911 without having to concede that there's an awful lot of symbolism, ritual and coincidence connected to the entire affair. Well I can do but then I'm into some hard to articulate fractally recursive models of time as the exception to an interdimensional understanding of the multiverse. I may as well just make it up it's so hard to explain what I know I don't know. So instead of doing that I'll just remind you of the Symbolism of the U.S. that I blogged about a while back and leave you with what just happened as I was writing this. I took a phone call half way through for a small business related matter from a woman who half way through the conversation I realised sounded like someone I have been trying to hook with for years. I asked her if we both knew mutual friends and it turned out it was her. No small coincidence given I've failed to keep her contact details whenever we meet and she didn't know who she was calling.

Just saying people. Just saying.